Lake Partners boasts a team of consultants who are expert problem solvers with broad-based experience across industries, business functions, and client needs. In particular, we specialize in the following:
- CUSTOMER SEGMENTATION
Know your customer
A successful segmentation and targeting strategy does three things: prioritizes your best customers, uncovers how and why they make purchasing decisions, and helps you find them efficiently.
These are not easy tasks. Simple rules like industry classification or company size are convenient for mailing lists, but they rarely represent true market segments. Customer behaviors and motivations can be subtle and complex.
Lake Partners has a wealth of experience gathering and analyzing primary customer data. The segmentation and targeting strategies we develop will shape your products, your priorities, your sales tactics, and most importantly your bottom line.
- SALES MESSAGING and TACTICS
“Yes, that's exactly what I need”
What do you say to a customer to elicit this kind of response? The very best sales people have a natural feel for it, but most need guidance. We have seen three common issues that inhibit sales success:
- Marketing-Sales Gap: Product and Marketing strategies are handed off to sales, but are not translated into specific sales rules and scripts.
- "See What Sticks": Often camouflaged as "consultative selling" where issues are lobbed randomly at prospects who are quickly overwhelmed. Avoid this mistake using structured logic to quickly classify the customer, apply the highest odds pitch and address the likely objections.
- Vague Training: Training usually focuses on strategies and work habits, not drilling questions and responses into mental muscle memory.
Lake Partners has the distinctive ability to blend strategic expertise with real-life sales experience. We create sales messages and tactics that work.
- ECONOMIC MODELING and TOOLS
Be credible. Be flexible.
Nearly every strategy, decision and sale is rooted in the economics. Companies must understand their customers' and suppliers' economics as well as they understand their own.
Economic tools must be credible enough to withstand client scrutiny and flexible enough to adapt to rapidly changing markets. Our analysis and tools are used in a wide range of opportunities, including:
- Sales tools to demonstrate customer ROI
- Business plan development
- Offer and pricing strategies
Lake Partners combines real-world data with a deep understanding of how complex businesses and processes operate. The tools we create range from simple spreadsheets to comprehensive, polished applications. They are credible, flexible and generate results.
- INVESTMENT RESEARCH and ANALYSIS
The business behind the numbers
A solid understanding of business fundamentals is an integral part of any successful investor's strategy.
To provide our clients with the perspective they need to evaluate an opportunity, we do primary research to identify key business issues and market conditions. We delve into the details of an industry, figure out how a business works, and call on our experience to recognize recurring patterns and situations.
Lake Partners combines extensive experience in operations, sales and marketing with our clients' investment expertise to provide them with background, insight and confidence in making investment decisions.